JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on millions of websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are looking for a Media Workflow focused Product Manager to join our growing team. In this role you will report to the VP of Product and help us with content management, media delivery, and encoding/transcoding products, driving our SaaS Video Platform forward in new and exciting directions. The ideal candidate has managed the technical implementation of media workflow products in a complex, API driven environment and has in-depth knowledge & experience with these products & technologies.
• Drive efficiency and improvements to media management, content delivery and content transformation workflow systems
• Work closely with the product & engineering teams to deliver product functionality for cross-product initiatives
• Act as Product Owner & Product Manager in an Agile product development process
• Motivated, self starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of video workflow technologies including: video formats & codecs, encoding/transcoding, live streaming, content delivery/CDN
• Familiarity with defining/describing the technical & business requirements of SaaS platforms, API integrations, queue management, cloud services (AWS)
• Product management experience in media or related industry
See all of our open positions at http://www.jwplayer.com/careers/