JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are looking for a Data & Analytics focused Product Manager to join our growing team who can define new user experiences and create major revenue opportunities using one of the largest video datasets in the industry. In this role you report to the VP of Product and will help us mine the extensive data from the widely distributed JW Player to find the valuable needles in the haystack, driving our product portfolio forward in new and exciting data driven directions. The ideal candidate has been a product manager or product-managing engineer for a data or analytics product in the video/video advertising space, and has worked with interpreting large data sets to infer “valuable” data.
• Partner with engineering to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Drive revenue generating products leveraging the JW Player data set (content, advertising, etc)
• Interface with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, product, engineering, etc) on exploratory data analysis
• Work closely with the product & engineering teams to deliver product functionality for cross-product data-centric initiatives
• Act as Product Owner & Product Manager in an Agile product development process
• Motivated, self starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
Analytical, methodical, process-driven
• A statistics/big data/mathematics/computer science background with B.S. or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
• Has been a product manager/engineer for a data/analytics product or a video/video advertising product with extensive reporting, data
• Has worked with interpreting large data sets to infer "valuable" data
Analytical, methodical, process driven
• Video and/or video advertising data experience
• Big data infrastructure/architecture experience (i.e Hadoop, Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce)
• Product management experience in media, analytics or a related industry
See all of our open positions at http://www.jwplayer.com/careers/