Hearst Digital Media seeks an entry-level product associate to solve problems for users, simplify user experience and data, and work directly with engineers to scale audience engagement on responsive web and native app experiences for Esquire, Popular Mechanics, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Car and Driver, Good Housekeeping, and many other brands.
• Scale user engagement by assisting with the re-launch of websites and iteration of user experience on existing sites.
• Take responsibility for content migration during site re-launches.
• Lead content migration and tagging initiatives during site relaunches.
• Document requirements for developers with user stories and product definitions to support our agile, continuous integration development.
• Sit with designers and engineers and solve problems for users in real time.
• Act as the voice of the user. Liaise with ad sales, editorial, and audience development to inform product decisions.
• Test site and app functionality to validate that it makes sense to humans.
• Analyze data to inform user experience decisions.
• Smart, conceptual thinker who can break down a complex problem and find simple answers
• Some experience working on web or mobile products
• Excellent communication skills the ability to lead and work with a variety of cross-functional teams
• Ability to break down complex problems and find simple solutions
• Exceptional project management skills; well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to set priorities, multi-task, and stay on top of deliverables
• Interest in working closely with developers and other technical teams
• Ability to balance technical and business issues
• Fast learner with a passion for media products
• Ability to thrive in small, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environments
• Must be a proactive self-starter with a strong sense of accountability
• Microsoft Excel proficiency is required
• Some knowledge of SQL desired