Senior Product Manager, News & Reference
Medscape from WebMD is seeking an energetic and experienced Senior Product Manager to join our team and support the management and development of our online products which proudly serve the professional health care industry globally.
The Senior Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets and analytic inputs, requirements gathering and project planning, documentation and wireframe preparation and post launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, production, design, QA, data services and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
• Plot and plan the News & Perspectives portfolio roadmap;
• Meet with business stakeholders to develop a product vision and related documentation and wireframes;
• Understand web user psychology and user experience trends;
• Execute on statistical hypothesis testing plans toward making the best-informed decisions;
• Interact with and convey requirements to implementation teams and ensure products meet specifications;
• Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product management and development planning;
• Be a passionate advocate for our products and possess strong communication and presentation skills;
• Manage multiple products simultaneously;
Be very creative and curious and make regular contributions for new product ideas based on market need and analytical conclusions
• The Product Manager must have experience in online and software product management and development.
• Demonstrate experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams including business rationale, user stories, functional specifications, and wireframing.
• An understanding of web/software user experience
• Minimum of 6+ years of related experience with software or web technology industry required.
• BS degree in a relevant discipline
• Skills and experience in editorial operations and content management systems is a strong plus
• Experience in the continuing medical education sector or familiarity with education or learning management systems