WayUp is changing the way that early career professionals find the perfect job, starting with college students. We’re looking for someone to join us and help bring order to the massive amount of data that we have on jobs and user behavior to help us better understand and grow our marketplace.
We’re looking for a senior data scientist/senior business intelligence analyst with previous experience developing insights and extracting knowledge from large quantities of data across numerous systems and who’s excited to use that skillset to help our users get jobs. You love diving into huge quantities of data and swimming back to surface with valuable insights that have significant impact to the company. You’ll be the person at the company responsible for overseeing our holistic understanding of our data and our marketplace, and your work will be an essential part of determining our company’s strategy as you uncover from the data where we should be focusing our efforts.
We’re a mission-driven organization and you will be absolutely critical to our long-term success. We move quickly and will expect the same from you. Reporting to our VP Product and collaborating cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to our products to revolutionize the hiring process for students and employers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
* Developing and implementing scalable statistical techniques to assess marketplace performance and to provide guidance for the marketing and sales teams (answering questions like “Where do we need more jobs?” “Which types of candidates are we missing?”)
* Take a data-driven approach to assessing past performance and determining future direction and key metrics
* Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
* Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings visual displays of quantitative information
* Extending the company’s data with third party sources if needed
* Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
* Creating informative and readable dashboards and analyses for use by all parts of the company
* Mentoring junior analysts on the team in statistical techniques and technical topics
* Provide expert advice and education in the area of statistical analysis
* Querying, joining, and processing large amounts of data across numerous systems (Postgres, Redshift, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, etc.)
* Strong expertise in mining data to pull meaningful, actionable insights and building comprehensive, descriptive analysis to support and present your findings
* Strong statistical background in modern techniques, algorithms, and tools that will allow you to apply various statistical techniques to support your analysis
* Significant experience with of both SQL and NoSQL databases and understanding of data warehouse concepts
* Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
* Experience programming with languages such as Python or R
* Experience working with analytical tools to support data analysis, reporting and visualization (Periscope, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
Passionate about data and insights, extremely curious, with great attention to detail
* Some experience in predictive analytics / statistical modeling / text analytics preferred
* Experience querying “big data” from warehouses like Redshift/BigQuery and through data processing solutions like Hive, Spark, Presto preferred