Head of Search & Recommendations (aka Personalization, aka Discovery)
WayUp is changing the way that early career professionals find the perfect job, starting with college students. We’re looking for someone to join us and help take our search, recommendations and personalization experiences to the next level, leveraging massive amounts of data that we have on jobs and user behavior.
We are looking for a senior product management leader to drive the complex, customer-facing Search and Recommendations features across the web and mobile app. In this role, you will articulate and execute a vision for our search, recommendations, personalization, and data products (feeds, 3rd party data) maximizing marketplace success. You will use data to identify unique customer problems and rapidly execute in collaboration with the insights, design, and the engineering teams responsible for your products’ algorithms, software, and UI.
We’re a mission-driven organization and you will be absolutely critical to our long-term success. We move quickly and will expect the same from you. Reporting to our VP Product and collaborating cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to our products to revolutionize the hiring process for students and employers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Leverage the latest advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence to give users exactly the search results they need
* Be an advocate for our customers
* Drive the success of our search and recommendations products
* Leverage market analysis, competitive understanding, and customer research to define the roadmap
* Interact with customers to get product feedback and identify additional market opportunities
* Define product success metrics and analyze product performance
* Perform relevant competitive analysis
* Extend the company’s data with third party sources, when needed
* Plan sprints, and prioritize the feature and bug backlogs
* Solid understanding of search technology and concepts
* Understanding of data science / machine learning / artificial intelligence concepts
* Experience researching and analyzing user needs
* Experience managing the quality, enrichment, and performance of search and/or data-centric products
* Deep understanding of content data modeling, ETL, XML, RSS, etc.
* Significant experience with of both SQL and NoSQL databases and understanding of data warehouse concepts
* Passion to build products that positively impact millions of users
* Strong strategic thinking, creativity, judgment, and negotiation skills
* Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
* Passion for data and insights, extremely curious, with great attention to detail