WayUp is changing the way that early career professionals find the perfect job, starting with college students. We’re looking for someone to join us and help bring order to the massive amount of data that we have on jobs and user behavior to help us better understand and grow our marketplace.
We are looking for a senior product management leader who is passionate about shaping a fun and engaging consumer experience for the WayUp consumer. In this role, you will articulate and execute a vision for our web, app, mobile, email and multiplatform communication products -- driving user delight, growth, engagement, and retention.
The successful candidate must understand the email marketing space intimately and have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly to perform this leadership role effectively and independently. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required to translate the business needs into a web platform capability strategy that serves the present and anticipates the future to the greatest degree possible.
We’re a mission-driven organization and you will be absolutely critical to our long-term success. We move quickly and will expect the same from you. Reporting to our VP Product and collaborating cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to our products to revolutionize the hiring process for students and employers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Be an advocate for our users
* Manage key communication points over the lifecycle of a user driving retention and engagement
* Drive the success of our web, mobile, and app consumer-facing products
* Leverage market analysis, competitive understanding, and customer research to define the roadmap
* Interact with customers to get product feedback and identify additional market opportunities.
* Define product success metrics and analyze product performance
* Perform relevant competitive analysis
* Plan sprints, and prioritize the feature and bug backlogs
* Be data driven and iterative - comfortable being visionary and taking risks
* Involved in all pre-launch user acceptance, customer development and consumer research
* Previous experience leading email, push notifications, and/or overseeing multiplatform communication UX for large scale products
* Good understanding of email systems like Iterable, Sendgrid, MailChimp etc. (you’re not afraid to debug or dive deep into the email configurations/integrations)
* Demonstrated track record delivering fun and exciting consumer products
* Knowledge of web, mobile web and native mobile application ecosystems
* Clear understanding of UX best practices and design principles
* Experience researching and analyzing user needs
* Passion to build products that positively impact millions of users
* Strong strategic thinking, creativity, judgment, and negotiation skills
* Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
* Passionate about data and insights, extremely curious, with great attention to detail