We are growing rapidly and are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Product Manager in NYC with exceptional analytical skills for our advanced controls product group to help accelerate our growth in the LED / Internet of Things space. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the product development cycle and will work closely with world class designers, engineers, and supply chain leaders to bring to market innovative lighting controls products to a wide audience.
Spreadsheet ninjas with a strong track record of launching profitable new products on time are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify opportunities to optimize existing products and design new ones, including competitive and customer analysis, researching technological developments, and identifying trends and opportunities in the industry
· Provide leadership and guidance, backed by data, on product priorities and strategic goals, such as roadmaps for product lines and categories
· Collaborate with product design, engineering, and manufacturing teams to execute projects while meeting cost, performance, and scheduling goals
· Provide sales forecasts, competitive analysis, and other insights to guide product launch, pricing, and inventory management strategy
Required Skills & Experience
· 5+ years of experience in product development management and product design; having both creation and management levels of responsibilities
· Understanding of the product creation process, as well as related process tools and technologies
· Proven ability to understand and interpret detailed engineering drawings and associated documents
· Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, including business analysis, forecasting, and competitive analysis, as well as a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight