Product Manager- Digital Solutions for Healthcare
The Product Manager for the Digital Solutions Team is responsible for end-to-end product management of a portfolio of applications, systems and solutions that create value for NYU Langone Medical Center. As product manager of a mission-driven team, the Product Manager is the thought leader of project teams, creating the strategic roadmap, enforcing a user-centered design, and simultaneously eliciting and clarifying the value of project solutions for all stakeholders.
The Product Manager defines expected outcomes, translates these into measurable KPIs, writes detailed user stories and acceptance criteria and facilitates the clarification of all requirements among and across all stakeholders and the development team. The Product Manager creates, maintains and communicates the product roadmap and backlog, is the librarian of all features and functions delivered by the team, and is ultimately accountable for the acceptability of the team’s deliverables.
• Manage the iterative lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
• Be the champion of the product, pushing for rapid adoption by defining clear goals and KPIs around user value and drive strategies to achieve them.
• Reflect the voice of the user inside product development teams. Actively engage in user research, understand user goals and pain points and communicate your in-depth user knowledge.
• Analyze quantitative data to determine which plans are most successful and identify new product opportunities.
• Work closely with other Product Managers, User Experience, Design and Development to define the Product Vision, Roadmap and Release Plans.
• Define and prioritize the product backlog translating high-level requirements into user stories and perform acceptance testing on a rolling basis throughout each product increment.
• Function as the Product Owner for a cross-functional development team, managing the entire feature and product life cycle from planning through development and launch.
• Collaborate effectively with local and remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, and others.
• Develop project proposals, plans, and timelines, including estimates of client and NYU Langone staff effort required for completion in compliance with MCIT Product Management Office process requirements.
• Create product specifications as needed: wireframes with support from UX team, process workflows, state transition diagrams, copy decks, acceptance test plans, user stories and acceptance criteria, personas, and any other agile artifacts that will serve as a communication bridge between users, research groups, and the development team
• Fulfill other duties as necessary to ensure successful product delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in an Agile Product Owner/Manager role
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, particularly Agile/Scrum
• Good understanding of software integration and usability best practices
• Ability to discover and define technical requirements and their relationship to provide continuity in all major application solution decisions
• Strong interest in digital applications for healthcare
• Exceptional group facilitation abilities
• Enjoys and supports collaboration with multidisciplinary team members
• Comfortable communicating sophisticated software development concepts to non-technical audiences
• Excellent organizational and written and oral communication skills
• A self-motivated, team player who is comfortable in a fail fast environment
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and portfolio link to:
Dr. Sara Chokshi