The Product Designer for the Digital Solutions Team is responsible for the complete user experience of a portfolio of applications, systems and solutions that create value for NYU Langone Medical Center. As product designer of a long-running, mission-driven team, the Product Designer is the user experience and visual design thought leader of the team, enforcing a user-centered design and consumer-grade user experience.
The Product Designer applies conceptual thinking to create world-class digital experience, bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities in a stunning visual design with interactions that surprise and delight users and exceed expectations for usability and convenience.
• Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
• Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity.
• Create instant tangibility for the through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
• Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations.
• Give data meaning through information visualization.
• Work directly with product managers to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Participate as a key member of a cross-functional agile delivery team, participating in the entire feature and product life cycle from planning through development and launch.
• Work closely and constantly with team members to ensure that designs are implemented effectively.
• Collaborate effectively with local and remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others.
• Contribute to the evolving style guide for NYU Langone digital solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in relevant role
• Exceptional design skills
• Expertise in design and prototyping tools and software
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, particularly Agile/Scrum
• Good understanding of usability best practices
• Experience and comfort with all facets of user experience research
• Strong interest in digital applications for healthcare
• Enjoys and supports collaboration with multidisciplinary team members
• A self-motivated, team player who is comfortable in a fail fast environment
Interested candidates please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to:
Dr. Sara Chokshi