theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life.
We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product – The Daily Skimm – is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 6 million active subscribers and an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown with the launch of Skimm Ahead, which debuted as #1
in news and #9
overall in the Apple App Store. It syncs directly with your calendar and informs you of important events you don't want to miss. It also has an audio experience that goes deeper on the topics you’re always reading about. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will own theSkimm’s email and web products, two of our most strategic assets. You will work closely with the Editorial and product development teams to iterate on and build innovative experiences that elevate theSkimm’s unique voice and content. You need to take a truly user-centric approach to building products and work collaboratively at the intersection of Product, Growth, and Editorial.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelors Degree and at least 6-8 years experience in Product Management.
- Experience leading the end to end product development process - from ideation to launch.
- Extensive project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making.
- Technical background or proven experience working directly with Engineering teams to ship products.
- A collaborative approach, and ability to thrive while partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think on your feet - you’re a problem solver and creative thinker who knows how to execute and get sh*t done.