We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our customers by proactively addressing questions and preempting confusion. You're passionate about digging into new and complex technology, and don't come up for air until you can thoroughly explain what it is and how to use it. Unexplained features make you itchy.
This role reports directly to the Director of Education and is based in New York City.
What you'll do
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Support release technical writing tasks such as updates, enhancements, corrections, & new features
- You'll really take pride when you obliterate verbosity and eschew obfuscation.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guide
- Work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects, and lay down new process where they do not yet exist
What you'll need
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including:
- Researching and writing excellent documentation for end-users of business software
- Project and process management of a documentation set
- Content management systems and/or help tools.
- Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing (or a related field, such as - Professional or Technical Communications) or equivalent practical experience
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.
- Must be able to provide writing samples.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
OS33 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment.