One of the top national media companies is seeking a brilliant and talented Director of Product. The interactive team of this major player in broadcast, cable, radio, and programming is growing their digital team and your products will be used by millions of fans.
The Director of Product will drive strategy, vision, and execution for digital products. You will be one of the leaders of the team, working closely with stakeholders to deliver the best digital products to your users. The role will help to lead the team in defining and building the product vision, and the team culture.
- Develop and define digital offerings -- new products, and enhancing existing offerings across all devices (mobile, desktop, and all connected devices).
- Work closely with content group in developing a strategy that leverages programming and delivers the best digital products to your customers.
- Represent the voice of the customer in all experiences -- monitor consumer feedback – through metrics and research.
- Create the product vision and detailed product roadmaps. Partner with engineering and business stakeholders to define a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs, while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Provide clear vision and create use cases, workflows, wireframes, requirements to support UX design and development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Affinity for at least one of the following areas: News, Sports, Video
- 5+ years’ experience successfully delivering quality, innovative and online and mobile applications to consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to define requirements and deliver successful products.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, playing the role of backlog owner.
- Experience with responsive design implementation is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Experience with, and successful use of social products, networks, and communities.
- Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required (CS a plus)